Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas




Next on November 21st David turned 31. What an old man. Sorry I don't have any pictures.


Christmas was a lot fun this year. We enjoyed having Christmas morning with the kids at our house. It's nice to be living here in California close to family, instead of visiting for Christmas. David and I enjoyed spending the morning watching Jacob and Chloe open their presents. Bella, of course, slept right through the present opening!


I have to tell you this story about Chloe: A couple of weeks before Christmas she kept telling us that she didn't want any presents for Christmas; she only wanted them for her birthday. When I told her that her birthday would not be for quite awhile she kept saying that it was ok. When I asked her if she would be sad to not open presents on Christmas morning while Jacob opened his; she continued to tell us that it was ok. She continued to say that she would wait for presents until her birthday. David and I could not figure out why she continued to insist on waiting until her birthday. Finally, Chloe spilled the beans and told us why she would wait: At our ward Christmas party she was to shy to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what she wanted; so, she thought he wasn't going to bring her presents. I guess she was just trying to prepare herself. I felt so bad for her that I quickly came up with the plan to have "daddy" contact Santa for her and let him know what she wanted for Christmas. She was very relieved. She was now very excited and looking forward to Christmas!
We are also very grateful for Christmas and the opportunity we have to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

0 comments: