Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Update

I have a few things that I would like to post, but we've been really busy getting ready to leave town for Thanksgiving. I didn't want to leave without saying a couple of things....

First.... I saw Twilight! David and I saw it opening day. I didn't expect anything spectacular because of how small the budget was, but, both David and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The only scene that I was disappointed with was the scene when Edward first catches Bella's scent in the classroom. It looked more like he was about to throw up, than appearing to look angry. I'm excited for the next movies because I'm sure the budgets will increase. I'm just not sure how they can do book 4. I don't understand how they will portray Edward and Bella's daughter as growing so fast (David assures me that almost anything can be done in movies these days, but, I don't know..).

Second, (but most importantly)..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!! David had his birthday last Friday. Yes the day Twilight came out. Yes we went on his birthday. He's sooo nice!! My very good friend Nicole took the kids and kicked us out; David and I were able to enjoy a great night out (it has been a long time since we have been out alone on a date). He's is a wonderful husband and a great father. The kids and I are so lucky to have him!!!!!!

Third.... I would like to wish you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! We are so thankful for everything in our lives. Our family, friends, the gospel,......Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Pemberley Court said...

Ok I had to skip over some of your post..because I haven't read those books yet!! Can't wait!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Where are you guys spending it? We'll be in Henderson at my borthers. I am so happy I don't have to cook this year!

Let me know about the girls dresses and if you want me to make the hair pretties! I posted a comment on the spencer blog but just incase you don't get to it...leave me a comment on the Pemberley Court blog! :)

StoutHaven said...

I took Abby to see Twilight. Just a girl's day. Anyways they should have found a better actress to play Bella. Abby was laughing at the classroom scene. She was laughing louder when Bella started to sniff her hair. Plus she got a kick out of Charlie and the pepper spray. Also with the shotgun scene. She loved the movie, but the book is a lot better in my opinion.

Andrea said...

I loved twilight too! I've already seen it 3 times...which I never do with movies. And I'm sure you know how hard that is to pull off with 3 kids needing to be watched while you go. I agree about the seen when Edward's supposed to be angry, although it was pretty funny, I liked that there was a bit of humor put in the movie. I heard the production co. is trying to keep them on the same budget for New Moon :(