Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Please tell me I'm not going crazy!?!

Don't let this picture of my peacefully sleeping Bella fool you it only lasts for about 15 min when she is not being held...


Please tell me I'm not going crazy!?!
That is my exact statement to the doctor yesterday. On Valentine's Day when David and Jacob went to the allergist I had a feeling Bella had an ear infection so I asked the doctor to check. Sure enough not only did she have an ear infection she had a double ear infection. She was crying a lot, not eating well, not sleeping well (she really only slept when I would hold her.. so then you know what my nights were like). After (too be honest I'm not sure how long) probably a week or two of sleepless nights she finally started to do better. I took her to a follow up check up at her doctor and her ear infections were gone. Yea...right!?! Well then a couple of nights later she kept waking up crying and crying and crying. Then she began crying a lot, not eating well, not sleeping well...I bet you see where this is going. At first I was in denial. No way could it be ear infections again. They just cleared up. So I took her back to the doctor yesterday. I told him "I know I was just here and you told me her ears cleared up but she is not doing too well again" Sure enough she has a double ear infection again!!!! AAAGGGHHH!!! My poor baby!! I am so sleep deprived I had to look at the receipts of our co-pay to go to the doctor to remember how long this has been going on! Bella and I have been sleeping more in the rocking chair then in our own beds. I long for the nights when she is not in pain anymore and I can sleep in my bed!!

6 comments:

Livingstone Family said...

Wow Cindy, I feel your pain! I have to admit, we suffered immensely with Johnny and his ear infections but he didn't go through the process until 18 mos. old. Josie was kind of a different case, and she had her ear surgery and tubes done at 10 mos. She was so mellow and easy going and didn't complain too much even though they were chronic. The difference with Josie is that she had no hearing in both her ears, which prompted the surgery-- followed with tubes. Your picture of Chloe and Bella is so cute, I am still dressing the girls alike as much as I can get away with because I know the time is coming close to where Maggie will grow out of it. So, ENJOY! And I'm jealous of your warm weather, spread a little up here!

Heather McMullin said...

Don't worry Reagan has been up 5 times the past 2 nights in a row. She is just lucky she is a cute pink little puff.

Pemberley Court said...

Poor Bella! I hope she doesn't get the ear troubles. It is so frustrating dealing with a baby in pain and not sleeping and all the antibiotics that they want her to take. Blake is on them for two months straight b4 we do round two of the Tubes.
Argh! Hope she's done with it after this!

Williams Family said...

I still think that she is going crazy - David

Kendra said...

I'm so sorry. That does not sound like fun at all. My kids have not had ear troubles, so I'm not sure, but I don't think you're going crazy:) You're a great mom surviving on little sleep...hang in there!!!!

Shauni said...

You guys are troopers! And no Cindy, you are not going crazy. I think that 99% of the time, mothers know their kids better than anyone--even doctors. Hang in there and get some sleep!

Your other pictures are adorable as well. Your kids are so cute and look so much alike!