
So, everytime we are at gymnastics class with our kids, David, (why are we not surprised) wants to do it. He said he has never been able to touch his toes. He was always asking the guy at the front desk about doing an adult class. Well, finally all of the bugging paid off for him! Last night they started their first class. It was free so we could all go and try it out. Obviously since we are all adults there is only so much we can do. The teacher (male, so David doesn't have to feel so alone)said it will be a combination of gymnastics and strenght training.
Class started with warm up and some good stretching. Then off to the spring board to try our hand at hand stands. From there we learned to go from a hand stand to a roll (I don't know the correct term) and then back up to our feet. We also practiced cart wheels. I actually didn't do too bad. David did pretty good too! Imagine that.
Then they had us doing push ups and core (stomach) excercizes. Then off to some leg lifts making sure you TIGHTEN everything (stomach, butt, legs)while doing it. After an hour of all of that EVERYTHING is sore. Escpecially my wrists!!
Now maybe you didn't care to know the whole class is detail, but I know hearing adult gymnastics you may think, "What do you do in that? Walk along the balance beam?" :)
Apostle in Muncie
8 years ago

3 comments:
I used to love gymnastics! I did it while I was young. I could never do it now with my bad wrist. PLEASE...you have to post a picture of you guys!!!!! Who watches the kids while you take the class?
That's so awesome that you guys are doing gymnastics! I agree--you need to take pictures! I'm glad to hear that you are both such naturals at it already. I've never been very talented in that area, and would probably fall flat on my face and be the laughing stock of the class! Good work!
Hi Cindy! I agree with Elaine. I want to see a picture of you guys doing your little handstands and what-not. How funny. Yet practical ... Maybe I'll try an adult gymnastics class.
Post a Comment