Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Chloe!!

So three days after my Easter post Chloe had her 4th birthday. I should be posting a blog all about her wonderful birthday but it didn't exactly end up that way. Poor Chloe, let me explain why her birthday was overshadowed... On the 29th of March we started a move into a small house that David is remodeling. He has been working nonstop for 2 months on it and I still moved in without a working kitchen!! AAHH! To make a long story short we are moving into it for awhile and then we plan on having this house be a rental. (If all goes well of course) Back to the story... Moving always takes longer than you think and we were hoping to break away for her birthday. Well the night before Bella cried alllllllll night long. It was by far the worst night we ever had with her. She only slept out of pure exhaustion for little bits at a time and only when you were holding her. As soon as urgent care opened (now this is the day of Chloe's birthday) I was there. I bet you don't need to guess. EAR INFECTIONS She had just finished medicine on Friday and the doctor, on Friday, said her ear looked better!!??

So, after a long morning I went home. Well probably an hour later I was back at urgent care with Jacob. He hit his head on a teeter toter and split his forhead open. It wasn't a big cut but I knew he needed stitches. He ended up with 5 stitches.

Since the day was shot we were able to take Chloe out to dinner. We went to a tokyo steak house. My kids call it the "fire place". Believe it or not that is where she wanted to go. It was a lot of fun. After we went home for cake. Due to all of the craziness of moving and remodeling I hadn't even bought her birthday presents yet! To make it up to her we took her to Toys R Us to pick out her birthday presents. A Hanna Montana Guitar and outfit was the winning choice. (I can't believe we are already saying goodbye to Dora and hello to Hanna Montana!!) We are going to finally have a birthday party for her this weekend.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Well that all sounds really eventful!! What a hard day. You should really put tubes in Bella's ears. Cooper got them at 9 months and let me tell ya....I wish we had done them sooner. Once he got the tubes in his ears there was peace on the earth once more. The best thing in the world. If your doctor hasn't suggested it then pressure or MAKE him do it. You will be sooooooo much happier and sane.

Shauni said...

Happy Birthday to Chloe! She's growing up and looking so cute! Sorry it was such a rough day--good luck with the ear problems again! :(